Makes: 10 Servings Prep Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 2 Hours
- 8 oz whole-wheat Lasagna noodles
- 1.5 lean, spicy Italian Turkey sausage or soy based sausage
- 4 cups Mushrooms, sliced (10 oz)
- ¼ cup Water
- lb Spinach (frozen), thaw out (6 Cups fresh spinach
- can Tomatoes, 28 oz – crushed tomatoes, preferably chunky
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Ricotta cheese, part-skim (2 cups)
- 1 egg
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, part-skim-shredded & divided (~2 cups)
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray.
- Mix 1 lb Ricotta & 1 egg in bowl; preheat oven to 350
- Mix ¼ Cup basil, ¼ t salt, pepper, ¼ Cup water, and 28 oz. crushed tomato together in a bowl.
- Add 8 oz. noodles to boiling water.
- After 2 minutes drain noodles.
- Return noodles to pot.
- Cover with cool water. Set Aside
- Add 4 Cups mushrooms; to skillet; cook 8-10 minutes.
- Stir 1 lb. frozen spinach (6 Cups fresh spinach) into skillet.
- Remove Skillet from heat.
- Assemble Lasagna: Spread ½ cup tomato mix in baking dish; Arrange a portion of noodles on top of tomato mixture; Spread ricotta over noodles; Top w/ ½ sausage & 1/3 mozzarella; Continue layering, finish with tomato mixture; Cover dish with foil; bake until bubbling. Serve.
Per Serving: 328 Calories
13.5 g fat; 78.7 mg cholestrol; 29 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 6 g fiber; 684 mg sodium; 708 mg potassium