Losing weight can help to decrease chances of developing disease:
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
A weight loss of even just 5-10% of body weight can provide health benefits, including:
- live longer
- increase quality of life
- increase self-esteem and confidence.
Losing weight is not easy though. A long term lifestyle change is needed: eat less / move more; keep a food log.
Success with weight loss is aided by consistently logging food consumption. A food log lets you think about:
- why you are eating
- when you are eating
- how hungry are you, really?
To ensure success with weight loss, slim down at a slow and steady rate; eat less/move more.
FACT: There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat.
- It is safe to lose 1.5 to 2.0 pounds per week.
- It is generally unsafe to lose more than 2.0 pounds per week
To lose 1 pound per week, you need a daily reduction of 500 calories/day. This is a reduction of 3500 calories/week.
To achieve a reduction of 500 calories per day:
- Reduce caloric consumption by 500 calories/day. OR
- Eat less and move more (ideal): Eat 250 calories less per day AND exercise to burn 250 calories.
To lose 2 pounds per week, double the above number: 1000 calories/day reduction (7000 calorie reduction per week).
For a free food log access the following link https://nancylfitness.com/food-log/
Fill out the form and Click the SUBMIT button. You will receive the free food log.